Like a lot of others, my iPad surprised me when I first got it and discovered that there was no way to print easily from it. Since mine was a gift, I just added that to a list of other reasons I was glad I hadn’t paid for it.
But it isn’t that easy for the millions of tablet users for whom their iPad or Android tablet is a vital part of their everyday work life. The paperless office is a long way off, and the ability to print is one of the basic needs for many business activities.
I just finished working with Breezy, a company in which I am a small shareholder and for which I provide marketing services, on a new ebook called The Definitive Guide to Mobile Printing. It’s available free, for download, at this link.
We packed the 38-page guide with information that isn’t readily available anywhere else, including:
- The Consumerization of IT (and how it’s causing security problems)
- What the Analysts Say (about mobile device security)
- Who Needs Mobile Printing? (it’s not “nice to have” — it’s essential for many workers)
- Employee Behavior: The Weakest Link (people will do whatever they think it takes to get the job done, even if that means downloading with insecure apps)
- Types of Mobile Printing Solutions (and how to decide what will work for your business)
- How to Protect Company Data (on-device encryption and other solutions)
- Mobile Printing Compliance Issues (courts and regulatory agencies are starting to take a close look — what you need to know now)
- Making the Business Case for Secure Mobile Printing (how to decide if you need a secure mobile print solution, select what you need, and get management approval to buy it)
- Comparing Mobile Printing Solutions (a handy comparison table of the top brands, including Breezy)
I think the Breezy team did a great job on the book, and I think you will, too. Whether you’re a mobile device user, an IT manager, or a security or compliance manager, this 38-page ebook just might be the best free download you find anytime soon. Here’s the link again — I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed working on it!